Sep. 18, 2021

Juvenile Traffic

Scheduling a Court Appearance

All juveniles are required to appear in court with a parent or legal guardian. If you have reached the age of 18, you may appear on your own behalf. You should receive a courtesy notice which gives you your court date. Failure to appear may result in a suspension of your driver's license. If you do not have a driver's license, notification can be sent to the Department of Motor Vehicles to prohibit the issuance of a driver's license.

Proof of Correction plus a $25.00 fee may be required for certain violations. Proof of Correction must be presented to the Court at the time of your appearance or payment.

Contesting a Traffic Citation

If you wish to contest a citation you must appear on your scheduled court date and make this request of the Judicial Officer. Your case will be reset for a trial date where the officer will be present.

You may also bring witnesses on your own behalf to the trial date. If you need them subpoenaed to court, please make this request to the Judicial Officer at your initial hearing.

Proof of Correction

Proof of correction and a $25 fee may be required for certain violations. Proof of correction must be presented to the court at the time of your appearance or payment. Please note: The sale of the vehicle does not relieve you of responsibility for correcting these violations.

Proof of correction may be obtained in the following manner: 

  • Smog control, brake and exhaust violations must be inspected and certified as corrected by an authorized Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Device Installation and Inspection Station. 
  • Registration and driver's license violations may be certified as corrected at an office of the Department of Motor Vehicles or at the Yolo Superior Court, Traffic Division. 
  • For any other defects, proof of correction may be obtained by taking your vehicle (and your citation) to any law enforcement agency during normal working hours.

*  If all of your violations on your citation are marked as correctable, you may not need to appear in Court.  Please contact the Clerk's Office for more information.

Traffic School

You may qualify for Traffic Violator School if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • You have not attended traffic school in the past 18 months
  • Your citation was not alcohol related
  • You have a valid driver's license and no outstanding failures to appear or failures to pay
  • You were cited for a moving violation.  (seatbelts, registration and insurance are NOT moving violations.)


If you meet these requirements you may request traffic school at your court appearance.  There will be an additional Court Administrative Fee of $71 added to your fine.

How to Pay

Payments may be made by mail or in person.  To pay in person, you may appear at the clerks office at 1000 Main Street, Woodland during normal business hours.  To pay by mail, you may send your payment to:

Yolo Superior Court

Traffic Division

P.O. Box 2085

Woodland CA  95776

Please enclose a copy of your citation or notice with your payment.  Personal checks, cashier checks, or money orders should be made payable to "Yolo Superior Court".  Please do not mail cash.

If you need additional time to pay your fine, you may arrange to make payments.  You must appear in person to make these arrangements.  An administrative fee of up to $35.00 will be assessed.

For your convenience we do accept payments by credit card. In order to pay by phone with a credit card, please call (530) 406-6702.

Location and Hours

1000 Main St,
Woodland, CA 95695

Phone: (530) 406-6702

Monday - Friday

© 2021 Superior Court of California - County of Yolo
Contact | Disclaimer |