Nov. 14, 2018

Interpreter Information

The Yolo Superior Court provides interpreters in Criminal, Traffic, Juvenile, Domestic Violence Restraining Order, Unlawful Detainer, Guardianship and Conservatorship cases.  The Court provides interpreters in Family Law Cases on a limited basis on designated days.

You must requst an interpreter to ensure that there will be an interpreter at your hearing. ALL interpreter requests must be submitted at least three (3) court days before your hearing, either on the Request for Interpreter form (available in the courtroom or at customer service windows) or online at the court's website  A request for a language other than Spanish must be submitted in writing five (5) court days before the hearing. If a request is not submitted timely, the Court may not be able to provide an interpreter.

The Court provides Spanish interpreters to defendants in criminal cases at the first hearing.  The Court also provides interpreters in languages other than Spanish at the first hearing in a criminal case or as soon as one can be secured

If you have questions about how to request an interpreter, please call the Interpreter Coordinator at (530) 406-6708. 

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

If you need a sign language interpreter, you may request one with the interpreter coordinator for any type of hearing. This includes civil and small claims hearings.

Interpreter Coordinator
1000 Main Street,
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 406-6708  Email:


Becoming an interpreter

If interested in becoming an interpreter, please check the Judicial Council page or
















© 2018 Superior Court of California - County of Yolo
Contact | Disclaimer |