- Online ServicesPay Fines, Calendars...
- Forms & FilingForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-HelpSelf-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- DivisionsCivil, Criminal, Family...
- General InfoLocal Rules, ADA, Maps...
Home » Human Resources FAQ
Human Resources FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where is the Human Resources Department located?
- The Human Resources Department is located on the 3rd floor at: 1000 Main Street Woodland, CA 95695
- What employment opportunities are currently available?
- See our Current Employment and Volunteer Postings page for information on all of our current openings.
- Do you have a job line?
- Yes, our job line telephone number is 530-406-6881, option 3.
- Where may I obtain an official court application?
- Yolo Superior Court now has an online application process. However, physical applications are still accepted and can be picked up from the Human Resources Office or call 530-406-6881 for more information.
- How should application materials be submitted?
- The preferred application method is through the online application process. All required documents can be uploaded as attachments.
- May I submit an application electronically?
- Yes, Yolo Superior Court now has an online application process powered by NEOGOV (governmentjobs.com). See our Current Employment and Volunteer Postings page and click the posting and then click on the green "apply" button in the top right corner. You may need to first create an account, please click here for more information on creating an account.
- Since I am not sure what position I want, may I just submit a blank application with my resume
and have Human Resources determine for which position I qualify?
- No. There must be an open job posting for a position in order to submit an application.
- Where may I obtain a typing certificate?
- Most temporary employment agencies offer 3-5 minute typing tests at a cost of approximately $15-$20 dollars. Yolo County One Stop offers free typing tests and certificates by appointment (please call 530-661-2641 for more information). Please refer to the specific job posting to find out the net WPM (word per minute) requirement for the position for which you are applying. If a typing certificate is required for the position you are applying for, it must be submitted along with your application. The typing certificate must have been completed within 1 year prior to the final filing date of the position for which you are applying. Online typing certificates ARE NOT accepted.
- I've applied for a position, when may I expect to hear back?
- You should expect to receive a phone call or email correspondence within 1-2 weeks after the final filing date.
- Where can I find more information about pursuing a career in the California court system?
- Click on the following link for more information regarding career opportunities in the California court system, http://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en
- Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Yes, Yolo Superior Court often recruits for Interns (undergraduate-level students) and Externs (law students). Please visit our Current Employment and Volunteer Postings page for current openings.