- Online ServicesPay Fines, Calendars...
- Forms & FilingForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-HelpSelf-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- DivisionsCivil, Criminal, Family...
- General InfoLocal Rules, ADA, Maps...
Home » Budget
Presiding Judges, Court Executive Officers and Fiscal Contacts:
At its business meeting July 19, 2019, the Judicial Council made 2019-20 Trial Court Trust Fund and General Fund allocations to the trial courts. The attached workbook provides both a simple and complex display of each court’s recommended base and one-time allocations, and the Allocations by GL tab includes a breakout by associated General Ledger account to assist courts in budgeting the allocations for the Schedule 1.
Note: The preliminary one-time reduction for fund balances above the 1% cap will be brought before the council no later than its business meeting on September 23-24, 2019.
The Trial Court Budget Advisory Committee’s reports to the council provides helpful discussion and detail behind the allocations, and can be viewed by following the links below on the California Courts website:
- Trial Court Budget: Trial Court Allocations from the State Trial Court Improvement and Modernization Fund (IMF) for 2019-20
- Trial Court Budget: Allocations from the Trial Court Trust Fund and Trial Court Allocations for Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Trial Court Budget: Fiscal Year 2019-20 Allocation of Court-Appointed Juvenile Dependency Counsel Funding
In addition, please note the final reduction for fund balances above the 1% cap will occur following Judicial Council approval at its business meeting on January 14-15, 2019 based on courts' final 2018-19 year-end fund balance information.
As a reminder, California Rule of Court 10.620(f) requires trial courts to provide notice no later than 15 court days after “[r]eceipt of the annual allocation of the trial court budget from the Judicial Council after enactment of the Budget Act.” Since this email serves as notification of courts’ annual allocation for 2019-20, courts must provide notice no later than Friday, August 9, 2019.