- Online ServicesPay Fines, Calendars...
- Forms & FilingForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-HelpSelf-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- DivisionsCivil, Criminal, Family...
- General InfoLocal Rules, ADA, Maps...
Home » Viewing or Copying Family Law Records
Viewing or Copying Family Law Records
Family Law records that are housed onsite may be viewed during business hours at the Yolo Superior Court, Room 103, Woodland.
Older files are stored off-site and must be ordered in advance. If you know your case number, you can order the file in advance by calling Civil Legal Process (530) 406-6704. If you do not know your case number, you can find it on the court index. Note: Adoption records are not available on the court index.
A request for copies of family law documents can be submitted in person or by mail. To obtain copies of documents by mail, the following must be provided:
- A check made payable to "Superior Court of California, County of Yolo." Print your name, address, phone number, and your driver's license number (include the expiration date) on the check;
- Print "Not to exceed $35.00" in the lower left-hand corner on the memo line of your check. Once your request is filled, we will fill in the amount on the check. If the amount submitted is not sufficient to cover the costs, the court will contact you by mail or phone to obtain the correct amount;
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope large enough for the return of documents;
- Provide the full names of the parties to the case, including first, middle, and last name;
- Provide the approximate year of filing and case number, if known;
- State whether you need a certified copy of the document (governmental agencies may require certified copies);
- Include your name, address and phone number to ensure the return of documents and assess if we need to contact you regarding any questions we may have about your request.
Note: Written requests for documents for an adoption case can be honored only if the signature of the adoptive parent or parents is notarized.
There are various fees that could be incurred when requesting copies. See Uniform Fee Schedule.
Submit your request to:
Yolo Superior Court
1000 Main Street,
Woodland, CA 95695
If you wish to obtain copies in person, you may do so in Room 103 of the Courthouse. A photocopy machine is available for public use at $.50 per page. If you don't know your case number, then you can research the court index to locate your case number. Please note: Older files are maintained at an off-site warehouse. When ordering in person, you will need to make two trips to our office (one trip to order the file and the second trip to review the file once it is retrieved from storage).