Compromise of Minor

If a complaint has already been filed with the court, all petitions and orders for the compromise of minor shall be filed directly to that case with no filing fee due.  If a complaint has not already been filed, parties must submit appropriate filing fees along with a Petition to Approve Compromise of Claim (Form MC-350) with the Clerk in Room 103 of the Courthouse.


When the petition has been filed, the matter will be set for hearing.


The court may order that any money remaining for the benefit of the minor be deposited in an insured account in a financial institution in this state subject to withdrawal only upon authorization of the court. Request for withdrawal of minor's funds will be allowed only upon filing a verified petition, unless the order compromising the claim specifically provides that the funds may be withdrawn once a minor reaches 18 years of age.