Main Courthouse

725 Court Street

Woodland, CA 95695




Phone: (530) 406-6704

Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.


Civil Filing:  725 Court Street, Room 103

Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.




When filing papers with the court, please observe the following guidelines:

  1. Pleadings must comply with California Rules of Court, Rule 2.100 TO 2.119. Exhibits must be legible.
  2. Conformed copies of documents will not be returned unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage is provided.
  3. All papers must be pre-punched in the standard two-hole position.
  4. The original document must be submitted and will be retained by the court after filing. The court will conform up to 2 copies.
  5. Calendar dates for all Unlimited and Limited Civil Motions except Ex Parte Motions must be reserved in advance by calling Civil Legal Process.
  6. If the correct filing fee does not accompany the document to be filed, the document will be returned unfiled.
PLEASE NOTE:   As of January 1, 2014, Yolo Superior Court will no longer accept fax filings through Official Payments.



Statewide Uniform Civil Fee Schedule Adopted January 1, 2012


Fee Waiver: Litigants meeting statutory income limitations may be eligible for a waiver of court fees and costs. A Request to Waive Court Fees must be filed with the first documents the litigant presents for filing in a case. The Request is reviewed by a judge and a determination made as to whether the litigant is eligible for the waiver. A clerk may also grant a fee waiver based on certain information.


Local Forms: See Local Rules



Judicial Council Forms:




Most civil court files are public records and may be viewed and copied by anyone. To obtain a copy of a file or a document in a file, a person may:

  1. Appear in person at the Civil Legal Process filing counter and make your request. Prior to appearing, it is suggested that the Civil Division be called to determine if the file is available. Not all files are retained on-site, and it may take up to two weeks to get the files delivered to the courthouse.
  2. Hire a private agency to assist you.
  3. Write a letter to the court including the required fees for copying and research, the case number if known, the names of the parties, the name of the document if copies of a specific document are being requested and as much other information as can be provided. You may send a check  made out to Yolo Superior Court, bearing the words "not to exceed (amount) dollars" in the memo section of the check. A receipt will be returned with your copies. Also, a self-addressed stamped envelope must be included for mailing the copies to the person requesting them. See the Uniform Fee Schedule for amount of fees.




Information about a pending or recently concluded civil case, except small claims or unlawful detainer cases, may be obtained by calling the Civil Division at (530) 406-6704 or by appearing in person at the Civil Legal Process Counter. Civil staff can assist in answering questions about the status of documents and upcoming scheduled hearings and events. Civil Staff may not give legal advice or tell anyone how to proceed in a case (see Government Code section 68082)